Sitio Sadlak, Tanay Rizal
The Casaway Mountain Range is part of the great Sierra Madre Mountain Ranges in the Tanay Rizal geographical area, it is clustered with Mt. Irid, Mt. Tukduan Banoi, Mt. Batay, Mt. Banay, Mt. Palaguio and other unnamed peaks, we believe that this mountainous area is one of the densely remaining forested area in Luzon, and one of the last biodiversity frontier in the Philippines.
02:00 – ETD Brgy. Sta. Ines
04:00 – Stay at Covered Court at Brgy Sta Ines (Coutesy call @ Brgy Hall and Military Detachment)
06:00 – Breakfast / Prepare Packed Lunch
07:00 – Start Trek to Sitio Sadlak (Prepare for 11 river crossings)
11:30 – Eat lunch at Kubo near Water falls
13:00 – Start descent to Basecamp
14:00 – ETA Basecamp
14:30 – Set Camp/Sight seeing/Picture taking
17:00 – Prepare Dinner
18:00 – Dinner
18:30 – SOCIALS
05:00 – Breakfast / Prepare Packed Lunch / Break Camp
06:00 – Start trekking to Irid Peak
11:00 – Summit of Irid Peak, Explore the summit take picture/Lunch
12:00 – Start descend to Sitio Sadlak Bunkhouse / Prepare to trek back to Brgy. Sta. Ines
17:00 – Brgy. Sta. Ines / Wash-Up
18:00 – Ride rented Jeep going to Cogeo Jeep Terminal
20:00 – Cogeo Jeep Terminal
1. Prepare for 11 river crossings from Sta. Ines to Sitio Sadlak
2. Wear sandals or other river crossing footwear and trek shoes for the summit trail.
3. Bring trekking poles if available.
4. Bring rain gear, gloves, headlamps or flashlights and swim gear.
5. Bring Hydration pack or Water Bottle for the summit assault.
6. BEWARE of Leeches or “Limatik” please bring Alcohol.
7. Maximum Budget 800 inclusive food and transportation except fare from Cubao to Cogeo.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
***Extracted from Relax Extremely Daring Mountaineers Archives